Here you can see the introduction to the European Open Course “the Beast”. The video is hole-by-hole play filmed at the qualifying competition held on 9th & 10th of July. The course has now been dismantled, but it’s available for practice on Monday the 18th and throughout the tournament week.
Please note: The course IS NOT open for public to play
Only European Open players & staff have the right to play and practice the European Open course once it’s set up. By this we assure the players the right to practice without distractions and also assure the safety of other possible park users.
The course is open for spectators on all tournament days with special arrangements on traffic inside the park area.
There are a couple of features that are not shown on the video but will be in play on the final course layout:
- Only hole 1, there will be a triple mandatory, as it is marked in the course map
- On hole 8, the basket will be placed further back than it is on the video
- On hole 10, the the “alley” surrounding the basket will be blocked by fences so that the OB line goes inside the fences on the right side and behind the basket. The fence is approximately 1m/3ft high
- On hole 12, the In-bounds “island” surrounding the basket will be encircled with hay bales. Also the hole will not feature a drop zone, as it will be played according to Buncr-rule (Re-throw with no penalty)
- On hole 18 the OB-lines will be tighter
- Some baskets may be elevated